George Edwards III
G eorge Edwards III is a founder and managing partner at Edwards Sutarwalla PLLC, with offices in Houston.
Mr. Edwards was born and raised in Houston, Texas. After obtaining a degree in Chemistry from Rice University, he attended Howard University School of Law, where he became editor-in-chief of the law school’s legal newspaper. He started his career at The Gallagher Law Firm, which had a large toxic tort and environmental litigation practice. He continued his career at Phillips Akers, P.C., a litigation boutique in Houston. Mr. Edwards is a former member of the State Bar Web Services and Grievance Committees. He is currently a member of the State Bar of Texas Professionalism Committee. He is a former director of the Board of Directors of the Houston Young Lawyers Association, and is a fellow on the Houston Young Lawyers Foundation. He is also an inaugural member of the Texas State Bar’s Leadership SBOT, which was designed to increase diverse leadership participation within the legal community through the nomination of lawyers who possess both the desire and the potential to assume leadership roles in their communities and the State Bar of Texas. Mr. Edwards founded the Edwards Law Firm in 2014, where he is also its owner. Mr. Edwards is a Sustaining Member of the Harris County Democratic Party. He is also a member of the Harris County Democratic Lawyers Association. He is a civil rights activist and frequently represents victims of excessive force and violations of their Constitutional rights. He also serves as guardian ad litem to support the Harris County District Courts in resolving cases involving injuries to minors. Mr. Edwards is an outspoken advocate for children who have suffered abuse at the hands of others. He spends his free time traveling the world and reading novels.
- B.A., Chemistry, Rice University, May 2003
- Juris Doctorate, Howard University, May 2006
- Editor-in-Chief, The Barrister
- State Bar of Texas, 2006
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims, Washington D.C.
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- The National Black Lawyers
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association
- Leadership State Bar of Texas, Inaugural Member
- Former Harris County Grievance Committee Member
- State Bar of Texas Professionalism Committee 2020 – 2021
- Houston Museum of Fine Arts Group 5A: African American Art Advisory Association
- Holocaust Museum Houston
- Harris County Democratic Party, Sustaining Member
- Harris County Democratic Lawyers Association
- Spoliation of Evidence: When Video Evidence is lost or destroyed