M urtaza Sutarwalla is a founder and partner at Edwards Sutarwalla PLLC, with offices in Houston and Austin.
Murtaza grew up in Houston, Texas, and lived and worked for several years overseas. After obtaining dual degrees in Business Honors / MIS and Asian American Studies from the University of Texas at Austin, he received his law degree from the University of Chicago Law School. He started his career as a corporate and technology lawyer with Latham & Watkins LLP in our nation’s capital and overseas in Dubai. He continued his career at Clifford Chance LLP in their Middle East offices. Murtaza is active in various charitable and volunteer legal activities in Texas and for the Dawoodi Bohra community he belongs to.
After many years of practice working for others, Murtaza founded Edwards Sutarwalla PLLC, with his childhood friend and partner, George Edwards. He enjoys spending his free time with his wife and his three children and traveling.
- B.A., Ethnic Studies, University of Texas at Austin, December 2002
- B.B.A., Business Honors / MIS, University of Texas at Austin, December 2002
- Juris Doctorate, University of Chicago, May 2006
- State Bar of Texas, 2006
- Bar of the District of Columbia, 2007
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- American Bar Association
- Texas Blazers Alumni Association
- Muslim Bar Association of Houston